Monday 24 November 2014

Give it to the multiple award winning actor, Mike
Ezuruonye. He is indeed very talented and has a
knack for roles interpretation.
He has in a short while rose to be added to the
A-list actors in Nollywood with over 70 movies to
his credit.
In a recent interview with Sun Newspaper, the
proud father of one revealed that no actor can
actually take the position of another, thus no one
can take his place in the Nigeria movie industry.
"I have said it many times, there is nothing like
taking anybody’s position. In science, we were
taught that one star in the sky is bigger than the
whole earth; so it is in Nollywood, so it is in the
African art. You have so much space; all you
have to do is pitch your own tent.
You cannot take away those icons. You cannot
take away Ramsey Nouah out of the movie
industry. You cannot have Nollywood without a
Ramsey, you cannot have the African movie
industry without a Rita Dominic, you cannot know
about Nollywood without having a Joke Silva or
Olu Jacobs or an Nkem Owoh. All these people
are iconic, you cannot take their place – it’s just
not possible.
It is like a farmyard, just come and pitch your
own tent so that people will now know that it is
you, and you’re an icon for what you represent."
The fair complexioned cute dude also went down
memory lane to recall what his growing up days
was like.
"I don’t like talking about that, but I want to
believe that I was born by parents who could
afford certain amenities. And of course, they were
disciplinarians. They also taught me self-belief.
My dad always says: ‘always believe in yourself,
always put your head up anywhere you are to
answer your name’. And that has always driven
me because even as an upcoming actor I was
never scared; I respected my seniors, I respected
the established stars and I always had a good
thing about that."
Before anyone could attain success in life, he or
she must go through certain challenges, Mike
Ezuruonye is not an exception. He tells his own
story.
"The merits outweigh the demerits. The
challenges are that you longer have a life;
everybody wants to know you. It’s left to you to
now find your inner self, your inner being, to find
those who know you properly and be yourself. For
me, I always don’t put the pressure of how
popular I am on me. I always tell myself – that I
should be a good representation for my craft, for
my family, and of course because of the
allegiance I owe people, I have to represent them
well. I’m a regular guy and the only difference is
that I’m on TV so, that doesn’t put pressure on
me.
Mike Ezuruonye is a regular guy who eats the
basic things you get from the everyday market.
He is a regular guy who doesn’t go out too much,
his best companions remain his way back friends
– people who knew him when he was nothing. He
is somebody who loves and always wants to
tangle with the commandment of ‘love your
neighbour as yourself’. I have respect for
everybody. I’m somebody who builds a lot of
goodwill."
He also recalled one his embarrassing moments
as super star actor.
"Funny enough, it wasn’t even in Africa. It was in
the US, and the woman is from Trinidad and
Tobago. As organized as the place was, she got a
shirt and put it on the ground and said to me,
‘please Mike, just touch the shirt for me and I
promise I’m going keep it, I’m not washing it’.
That was so deep for me

No comments:

Post a Comment